to better serve small business owners is the goal of our association!
Like-minded business brokers from various firms collaborated to form this organization focused on ethical, professional standards for business brokers and mergers and acquisitions professionals who help business owners sell their businesses. Recognizing a need in the St. Louis community and beyond, Mid-America Business Broker Association dba The International Business Brokers Association of Mid-America (IBBA Mid-America) was founded to establish and promote best practices for the profession.
We are proud to be the first U.S. chapter of the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA) and serve brokers, advisors, and intermediaries across Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Iowa.
IBBA members in these states benefit from the support and resources of both the IBBA and the regional IBBA Mid-America group.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
IBBA Mid-America’s Board of Directors is dedicated to providing guidance and opportunities to chapter members in the pursuit of professionalism, integrity, knowledge, and responsibility in the business broker profession.
IBBA Mid-America members follow a Code of Professional Responsibility and receive professional support, services, resources, and benefits. On-going training and education are encouraged through course study and certification, membership meetings, guest speakers, and additional opportunities. Fellowship and a willingness to share experiences and best practices enhance the member experience.
Business owners can rely on IBBA Mid-America brokers to:
- • provide ethical advice and conduct.
- • avoid conflicts of interest.
- • provide fair and reasonable business valuations.
- • present straightforward, professional, and accurate presentations of businesses for sale.
- • work diligently to identify qualified buyers.
- • urge sole and exclusive representation of clients.
- • not attempt to gain an unfair advantage over competitors.
- • support entrepreneurship.
- • remain informed on issues affecting the sale and purchase of businesses.
- • not abuse the position of authority.
IBBA Mid-America’s professional principles provide a foundation of quality, responsibility, integrity, and honor in all business relationships and transactions.
Business brokers or intermediaries, as well as advisors providing services to business brokers, intermediaries, or their clients, are encouraged to join IBBA Mid-America and our efforts to promote professional standards.